Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year (better late than never)





Here are my top new year's resolutions, in no particular order. I figure if I get them out into the public domain, I'll have to feel somewhat more accountable to them.




  • Eliminate (as much as possible) overly-processed foods from my diet. I'm pretty good about it as it is--I've stopped buying veggie corn dogs and frozen lunches, and I've always steered clear of packaged cookies, but this year I'll do my best to say no to that occasional Oreo (or five).


  • Keep blogging. It's been fun so far, and a good way to share my experiences.


  • Recycle more. Did you know you can recycle almost all plastic bags? I've started saving produce bags, cereal bags, plastic shrink-wrap packaging and more. When the box under my kitchen sink gets full, I'll bring them all down to the plastic bag recycling bin at the co-op.


  • Have more adventure--or at least be open to it. Move to Morocco? Why not!


  • Learn Spanish. For real. I need to learn another language.


  • Create my own happiness in the world. Be more Zen.


  • Lose 15 pounds (hey, it wouldn't be a new year without that one)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'll move to Morocco with you!! These are good resolutions, except for losing 15 pounds. Are you kidding me?! You're crazy! :)

angie said...

i agree fully with amy. :) but seriously this is an awesome list! good for you.