Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Amore Avocado Ice Cream

I am a huge fan of ice cream, but don't get to enjoy it very often due to Mr. Chris' lactose intolerance (I'm still in denial about my own dairy sensitivity), and I don't really dig that soy-based stuff for some reason (except for Temptation, which is fabulously delicious). So a few weeks ago Chris comes home raving about this avocado concoction that someone's brother had in Morocco or something. I love avocados, and guacamole is one of my faves, but I couldn't imagine a mixture of avocado, soy milk, sugar and ice tasting anything like ice cream. So Chris whipped up a batch and proved me wrong. So simple, yet so exotic and delicious. All you do is blend those four ingredients (we used our 'magic bullet'), and the result is an uber-creamy, lightly sweet frozen dessert.

No comments: