Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dorkiness to the Extreme

So, remember that episode of The Office where Jim pops Dwight's exercise ball? Well, I am Dwight. I'm such a sloucher, and I hate my office chair, so when my cool friend Jill told me she sits on an exercise ball at work, I decided to follow suit (yes, I know, I'm such a follower!). I figured Jill's a cool chica, if she can do it and not think of Dwight, so can I. So last weekend I picked up a cheap ball at Target, and have been using it in leiu of my desk chair all week. And I love it. It makes me sit up straighter, and something about the bouncing/balancing keeps me way more focused. Also, I hope it gives me abs of steel. And just about everyone in my office has stopped in to "check out my cool ball." Yeah, I'm a trend setter. Or I'm a Dwight. Oy!

2 comments:

Jill & Jeremy Dinges said...

OK, be careful if you don't have your ball on a ball chair frame...i used just the ball for a while and the stray staple skeletons that find their way to my floor acted as a Jim and popped my ball. I think the Gaiam brand and isokenetics brand make frames you can get....

Otherwise, kudos on the switch to the ball. Once you go ballish, you never bounce back to regular chairs...

Jill & Jeremy Dinges said...

Oh, and, it's totally not dorky...at least that what I tell myself...