Friday, December 21, 2007

Like a clown car, only smaller


Well, I'm happy to say the first annual Aly and Chris holiday party was a rousing success. We were surprised--and thrilled--that everyone who rvsp'd to our e-vite (and then some) showed up. There were 20 of us crammed into our tiny shoebox of an apartment. We had friends from like five different "groups" so not everyone knew each other, but by the end of the night we were all so cozy that everone was bffs--er, sort of. I totally forgot to take pictures when everyone was there--probably because I could barely move. My food was a hit, and our supply of Christmas cookies was greatly reduced. For apps I made butternut squash and pumpkin seed spring rolls (vegan), panko-stuffed mushrooms (also vegan), artichoke dip (vegan, again!), and olive cheese puffs (not vegan, and the only ones that weren't gone by the end of the night--funny how that works). Yay for parties and friends and holiday cheer!!!

No comments: