Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Cup of Christmas Cheer

I wouldn't mind being paid to bake cookies all day (or simply eat them!). On Sunday I went over my parents and spent roughly eight hours slaving over batches of the following Christmas cookies:
  • sugar cookies (dairy-free for Chris!)
  • peanut butter balls (my fav--we made almost 100 and I don't think it's enough)
  • chocolate crinkles (my other fav)
  • pizzelles
  • pecan cookies, topped with caramel and drizzed in chocolate (I'm afraid to even try it)
  • candy cane and chocolate covered cookie sticks

It was exhausting, but tons of fun. Monday I rolled out and baked gingerbread for a gingerbread house and a few gingerbread punks. And last night I prepped and assembled as much as I could deal with for our Christmas party tonight. The appetizers I'm making are all new recipes, and I'm a little nervous about that since you're never supposed to test new recipes on guests. Oh, well, at least we'll have tons of alchohol to wash it all down!

2 comments:

angie said...

the recipes you used last night were SO GOOD! i'm not kidding. i LOVED the spring rolls and mushrooms. thank you for exercising your baking/cooking/food-prep techniques. :)

Amy said...

Agreed, the food there was delicious! I also loved the stuffed mushrooms! Yay parties!