Monday, November 19, 2007

Vegan Enchiladas Rock


Last night I discovered The Post Punk Kitchen--Chris heard them on NPR a while back. It's this vegan public access cooking show out of NYC, and it's awesome. The founders, Isa Moskowitz and Terry Romero, just came out with a new vegan cookbook called Veganomicon, and I definitely plan to get it. They have some recipes from the book posted on the website, and last night I made the Potato Kale Enchiladas with Roasted Chili Sauce. They were amazing. I think Chris had about six of them! Kale and potatoes seem like such a crazy filling for enchiladas, but it was so good we didn't even miss the meat or cheese. And I love that all the ingredients are totally normal and natural--no processed meat or cheese substitutes at all. The recipe looks a little daunting, but it turned out to be super easy--even the made-from-scratch sauce was a breeze. I used fire-roasted tomatoes from a can, which were really good, and for the peppers I just broiled them for a few minutes until the were black and bubbly, then removed the skin and seeds. Oh, and the photo above is from the website, my creation wasn't as pretty to look at, but it was sure tasty!

No comments: