Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vegan Scones


I just came across this photo on my camera (the picture is of some not-so-memorable scones I made a few weeks ago) and it got me thinking about vegan scones. Fantasizing, actually, but not about any scones I've ever made. The most heavenly vegan scones in the world, in my opinion, are made at May Day Cafe in South Minneapolis. I haven't actually been to the bakery yet, for fear of eating them out of house and scone (heh), but the Linden Hills Co-op used to get daily shipments. The scones are moist and chewy, and come in mouthwatering flavors like cherry poppyseed, apricot date, apple cinnamon, and fresh blueberry. I desperately long to recreate these delights in my own kitchen. Nothing I've tried has come close, but I won't give up until I have my own recipe for the world's most perfect vegan scones.

No comments: